Genesis Chapter 7 provides further details of the deluge story, some of which were previously unknown to me. For instance, in some cases there were more than two of every animal. Only how much is a cartier love bracelet 2013
the unclean beasts are taken onto the ark by male and female pairs. Of every clean beast cartier bracelet “thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female (7.2).” Fowls of the air were also taken by sevens.
Other details of the story are:
- Noah was given seven days’ notice of the flood.
- Noah was six hundred years old when the flood occurred.
- The flood began on the seventeenth day of the second month in Noah’s 600 hundredth year.
- It rained for 40 days and 40 nights.
- The waters prevailed upon the earth one hundred and fifty days.
- There were 8 humans on the ark Noah, Shem, Ham, Japheth and their wives.
In case you are wondering, destruction was total.
- “ all flesh cartier love bracelets died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth”
- “ .. every man: All in whose nostrils was the breath cartier nail bracelet
of life, of all that was in the dry land, died.”
- “.. every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth.”
Art History Moment
In the previous post Genesis 6 – The Deluge Part 1 – There Were Giants, I introduced the Noah’s Art Cycle by Kaspar Memberger the Elder. Today’s post has the next two paintings in the series: Entering the Ark (1) and The Flood (2).
Noah’s Ark Cycle: 3. The Flood
Bibliography and Footnotes
- (1) Noah’s Ark Cycle: 2. Entering the Ark,
1588, Oil on canvas, 124 x 163 cm (4’ 0.8” x5’ 4.2”),
- (2) Noah’s Ark Cycle: 3. The Flood,
1588, Oil on canvas, 128 x 164 cm (4’ 2.4” x 5’ 4.6”),
- Image Source http://www.wga.hu